Sunday, May 15, 2011

New Season?

I'm in the northern reaches of California, a wonderfully wild area where the coastal fog feeds the giant Redwood trees, and trout are plenteous in the beautiful rivers here. Kirsten has graduated from Humboldt State University, a journey she began in the fall of 2007 when I dropped her, her snake, and her few possessions in the tiniest single dormitory room I had ever seen, Redwood trees and ferns visible from the tall slender window in the center of her room. I'm so proud of her for her accomplishment.Peter would have been proud, too.

At these occasions that mark a milestone in our lives, it seems natural to reflect on the history of events and the people that have brought us here. These reflections rushed through my mind as I sat in the stands on a slightly overcast day, the majestic trees in the background of the "Redwood Bowl." And now, Kirsten has a new season in front of her. Via con Dios, dear daughter.

1 comment: