Sunday, February 20, 2011

California Snow

Well, I was a bit surprised to see that I've only posted here once in February. You'd think I would have recognized this fact; after all, it is me who is responsible for not writing.
I wasn't looking forward to this month. It used to be my favorite month, but I'm kind of just wanting to get through it this year. I'm OK with that. Even yet, I've been the recipient of all sorts of wonderful surprises and gifts of all shapes and sizes. Friends, cards, notes, presents, new paint on the walls, and this week, snow on the hills around town. Fabulous! (Fabulous when you're in California and just looking at it, and not slogging through it and digging out your car like friends in Minnesota!)



I hadn't seen Robert for a long while, and I finally figured out that I needed to see him. Fortunately, he was thinking the same thing, and I drove up to Berkeley this afternoon, pups in tow, and we went to our favorite haunt on Solano right in Albany - Brit Marie's. Peter and I loved to go there, and Peter also took Robert there, too. It's got a great menu and a changeable wine menu that you can taste by the glass. Robert likes to sit near the kitchen in the back. He says it smells better back there. We get appetizers (today duck pate and topinka) and usually Robert gets the pork schnitzel. If you pay in cash, you get a free dessert. We both picked bread pudding - Peter's favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment